An exciting opportunity has opened for an EDM Field Service Engineer to join our busy team.
The position is for an EDM (Electrical Discharge Machine) Field Service Engineer covering the UK and Ireland.
This position benefits from private health insurance, 33 days holiday
(including Bank Holidays), a company pension and a company car.
Working for Sodi-Tech EDM (Sodick), this role is for an electrically biased Field Service Engineer, covering the UK and Ireland. You will be providing technical support at client sites as well as over the phone. This role would be great for someone who enjoys working on market leading technology and has a passion for providing fantastic levels of service to their clients.
Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- Coordinate installations, technical services and on occasion to provide product training to clients and junior technicians on all machinery. Extensive travel to client premises will be required.
- Devise control systems to monitor both electrical/electronic and mechanical faults.
- Establish techniques to improve quality, durability, and machine performance.
- Evaluate service and application problems that can occur on-site where necessary.
- Examine and advise customer’s regarding client equipment malfunction and service issues.
- Communicate with customer and internal management regarding technical analysis and determination
- Carry out calibration of machine tool and generator setting for NADCAP (National Aerospace and Defence Contractors Accreditation Programme) audits
- Technical telephone support to the customer involving first line application problems
- Repair or modify P.C. boards / Carry out software updates
- Document all work done in a legible and technically sound manner.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Relevant City & Guilds qualifications / HNC in Electrical or Electronic Engineering (or qualified by experience)
- EDM (Electrical Discharge Machine) experience is preferred
- Expertise in electrical/electronic practises and ideally experience in pneumatics and hydraulics
- Excellent IT skills for networking, software updates and reporting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated, able to work with no supervision and to calmly handle stressful situations to deal with customer requirements and technical issues
- A willingness to spend on average 1 night per week in hotel accommodation.
- A team player with a flexible attitude towards working overtime when required
- Good technical communication skills.
- Ability to produce technical reports.
For further information, please contact:
Sarah Stokes (European OD/HR Manager) HR@sodick.eu.com